Join us for our May Design Leaders Breakfast with Manuel Yoacham, who will share insights into Behavioural Economics and the psychological and cognitive reasons behind human decision making, particularly around economic decisions.
Date and Time
Thu, May 3, 2018
7:30am – 9:30am
Light breakfast served from 7:30am
Core Knowledge, 16 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2
Manuel Yoacham, a media planning and behavioural economics specialist will share insights into Behavioural Economics and the psychological and cognitive reasons behind human decision making, particularly around economic decisions.
While we tend to believe consumers make decisions based on what is most logical, Manuel will demonstrate how this is in fact far from a universal truth.
Understanding the processes that cause people to make decisions counter to what is ‘rationally best’ empowers us to better understand our audiences and consumers and in turn allows us to deliver more effective solutions for our clients and their audiences.
Who should attend?
Design and Creative Business Owners and Directors, Account Managers and client-facing Senior Designers
After the seminar you will be able to:
- Understand about ‘System 1’ and ‘System 2’ thinking and how people react when confronted with stimulus
- Have a familiarity with heuristics and how these cause consumers to make bad decisions
- Comprehend the concept of ‘Nudging’ and how to use it to influence consumer behaviour
- Incorporate good ‘Choice Architecture’ into presentations and briefings
- Provide real world examples of these concepts into practice
- Overcome heuristics that can lead to bad decision making
- Thinking, Fast and Slow – how the mind makes decisions in two distinct ways
- Thought process shortcuts – what are heuristics?
- Crafting nudges into day to day business
- What is Choice Architecture and how can we employ it?
- Application of Behavioural Economics into stakeholder management and presentations
Manuel is a Client Director at Starcom, part of Core Media Group, and previously worked at Vizeum and Jump Innovations at Core Media Group. Manuel has lectured on the MSc Advertising at DIT, and is an active member of the Marketing Society and IAPI where he delivers seminars and talks on Media Planning, Strategic Planning and Future Technology Disruption. Manuel holds a BA in Social Sciences from UCD and an MA from Smurfit Business School. His consumer insight experience ranges across a variety of industries, and clients include AIB, Samsung, Musgravs, Irish Distillers, IKEA, eir and visa.
IDI Members: €25
ICAD Members: €25
Light breakfast will be served from 7.30am