The Design Enterprise Skillnet offers subsidised training that is tailored specifically to the needs of Irish designers and design practices across the country.
The Design Skillnet offers subsidised training that is tailored specifically to the needs of Irish designers and design practices across the country.
Developed in close collaboration with the Institute of Designers in Ireland (IDI) and its members, Design Skillnet training focuses on helping designers and design businesses grow their business, up-skill their teams, and attract and service clients in a rapidly changing commercial landscape.
This formal training initiative of the IDI is a professional network of established design businesses and practitioners that delivers focused and tailored training that responds to the needs of the design sector. Supported by Skillnet Ireland funding, the training is subsidised for member companies and individuals with Institute of Designers in Ireland (IDI) memberships & ICAD memberships.
Further information available at www.designenterprise.ie
The Design Skillnet is designed for:
- Designers working in Ireland and Design Businesses in the SME sector.
- Successful Design businesses who want to continue to scale and export.
- Small and Micro design businesses who struggle to remain competitive, source training and up-skill
- Designers working independently, who want to scale, and need the supports.
Who can be supported by Skillnet Ireland?
Only private sector or commercial semi-state companies can join a Skillnet training network.
The following cannot become member companies of a Skillnet training network:
- Public sector organisations
- Charity or not-for-profit organisations
- Companies based outside the Republic of Ireland
Some important information to note:
- Training networks only provide training to employees of private sector/commercial semi-state businesses based in the Republic of Ireland
- Your business needs to join a Skillnet training network that is providing the training course – membership in most cases is free
- Funding is to networks directly – no funding is given directly to individuals or to individual businesses
Who can become a Design Skillnet member?
Membership of the IDI Skillent is open to IDI members and ICAD members who have renewed their subscription in the present year and meet the criteria above. If you are a current IDI or ICAD member there is no additional membership fee to join IDI Skillnet. If you’re not sure if you meet these criteria or have any queries, please get in touch at email@example.com