Entry to the award is open to IDI Students who are graduating in 2019.
This competition is for anyone graduating in 2019 in design at minimum Bachelor Degree level in Ireland - BA, BArch, BSc, BDes up to taught MA, MSc. (or an Irish designer in full-time education based abroad,)
More details on IDI Graduate Awards 2019 are available here
We are accepting entries until June 30. It is free to enter and we look forward to receiving your submissions.
In addition to the Graduate Awards 2019, we are also offering an onboarding service to all graduating students and recent graduates who are starting their career in design.
REGISTER VIA EVENTBRITE FOR ONBOARDING_HERE
Entry to the award is open to IDI Student Members only.
You must be either an Undergraduate IDI Member or Graduate IDI Member graduating from a full-time third-level course in Ireland in 2019. You can also be an Irish student designer graduating from a college outside of Ireland, but your degree must be equivalent to at least an Irish Bachelor's Degree.
PhD students are not eligible to enter.
If you are in doubt about your eligibility, please contact IDI.
The GDA Categories 2019
- Animation and Motion Design (Including Video)
- Clothing Design (Stage, Costume and Fashion)
- Design Research
- Digital Design - UI/UX Design
- Exhibition Design/ Visual Merchandising
- Fashion Design - Textiles Design
- Handmade/ Artefact Design- including craft and product for stage and screen
- Interior Design/Interior Architecture
- Product Design - Furniture
- Product Design - Industrial and Consumer Products
- Product Design - Medical Devices
- Product Design - Social Products
- The Ove Arup Award (includes architecture, engineering etc.)
- Transdisciplinary Design Project
- Viz Comm - Brand Identity
- Viz Comm - Digital Design
- Viz Comm – Packaging Design
- Viz Comm – Printed Book Design
- Viz Comm- Printed Material ( all except books)
- Viz Comm - Use of Illustration
- Viz Comm – Use of Typography
IDI will also be awarding prizes to entries that come under the banner of Universal Design and Sustainable Design.
A Universal Design should be easy to Access, Understand, and Use by a wide range of people.
Judges will be looking for you to show clearly how your entry aligns with some of the Principles of Universal Design.
Find more detail in Universal Design at http://universaldesign.ie/What-is-Universal-Design/
This prize is awarded in association with the CEUD.
Judging & Jury
- The judges reserve a right to award all prizes or move entries to other categories.
- The IDI GDA Jury has the right to query if an entry is eligible for these awards.
- The IDI and Judges reserve the right to withdraw or expand a category
- The judges decision is final.
- They reserve the right to not award in any category should they feel the work does not match the judging criteria or meet the standard set.
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding entries.
Closing date for entries is June 30th. Any extension will be announced here and on social media.
For further details on the IDI Graduate Awards 2019, visit here