TU Dublin.(Grangegorman campus)- will host the exhibition and prize giving on the evening of November 14th at Rathdown House. Doors open at 6pm. Reception and prize-giving from 6.30pm. All are welcome to attend. This is not a ticketed event.
The shortlist for the graduate awards is now published (22.10.19).
This is a 109 project shortlist out of approx 600 Entries.
IDI was delighted with the amazing response and the high level of design quality. Thanks to all of our sponsors and really well done all who made the shortlist.
Congratulations to all of those who made it to the final. We hope to see all finalists in TU Dublin on the evening of 14th November to review the exhibition entries and present prizes in all categories. Many thanks to our supporters TU Dublin, CEUD, Boxclever, Design Partners, DCCOI, Design Enterprise Skillnet and also to all of our 20+ judges who gave so freely and generously of their time and expertise.
Judging of the 600 design entries from students at 18 different colleges took place in September and October, it is finished and more details will be announced later.
This competition is now closed and was for anyone graduating in 2019 in design at minimum Bachelor Degree level in Ireland - BA, BArch, BSc, BDes up to taught MA, MSc. (or an Irish designer in full-time education based abroad,)
More details on IDI Graduate Awards 2019 are available here
Closing date for entries was June 30.
Entry to the award is open to IDI Student Members only.
You must be either an Undergraduate IDI Member or Graduate IDI Member graduating from a full-time third-level course in Ireland in 2019. You can also be an Irish student designer graduating from a college outside of Ireland, but your degree must be equivalent to at least an Irish Bachelor's Degree.
PhD students are not eligible to enter.
If you are in doubt about your eligibility, please contact IDI.
The GDA Categories 2019
- Animation and Motion Design (Including Video)
- Clothing Design (Stage, Costume and Fashion)
- Design Research
- Digital Design - UI/UX Design
- Exhibition Design/ Visual Merchandising
- Fashion Design - Textiles Design
- Handmade/ Artefact Design- including craft and product for stage and screen
- Interior Design/Interior Architecture
- Product Design - Furniture
- Product Design - Industrial and Consumer Products
- Product Design - Medical Devices
- Product Design - Social Products
- The Ove Arup Award (includes architecture, engineering etc.)
- Transdisciplinary Design Project
- Viz Comm - Brand Identity
- Viz Comm - Digital Design
- Viz Comm – Packaging Design
- Viz Comm – Printed Book Design
- Viz Comm- Printed Material ( all except books)
- Viz Comm - Use of Illustration
- Viz Comm – Use of Typography
IDI will also be awarding prizes to entries that come under the banner of Universal Design and Sustainable Design.
A Universal Design should be easy to Access, Understand, and Use by a wide range of people.
Judges will be looking for you to show clearly how your entry aligns with some of the Principles of Universal Design.
Find more detail in Universal Design at http://universaldesign.ie/What-is-Universal-Design/
This prize is awarded in association with the CEUD.
Judging & Jury
- The judges reserve a right to award all prizes or move entries to other categories.
- The IDI GDA Jury has the right to query if an entry is eligible for these awards.
- The IDI and Judges reserve the right to withdraw or expand a category
- The judges decision is final.
- They reserve the right to not award in any category should they feel the work does not match the judging criteria or meet the standard set.
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding entries.
Closing date for entries is June 30th. Any extension will be announced here and on social media.
For further details on the IDI Graduate Awards 2019, visit here