How to Enter
The IDI Irish Graduate Design Awards 2017. Be part of it!
Entry to the 2017 IDI Graduate Awards ( GDA17) is open to all graduating IDI Student Members- Graduating at Level & and above in 2017.
How to Enter
Entry is via the online awards platform which opens shortly in late May and closed at the end of June 2017.
All final-year design students studying a level 7, 8, 9 or 10 programme who is an individual IDI Member is able to enter work for consideration. Not a member? Join now.
- To qualify for entry you must be an undergraduate member of the IDI. So join first!. Remember if your college is an IDI Institutional Member you can join for free. (Check!)
- You must JOIN IDI as an Individual Member BEFORE you enter the competition
- To qualify for entry you must be on an NFQ level 7, 8, 9 or 10 course. ( Minimum degree level design course)
- You must be on a course in Ireland or be an Irish Designer studying abroad.
- You can enter up to any number of different projects.
- You can enter the same project in all and any number of different relevant categories
You may enter up to 6 image PDF files on each entry.
- You may enter individual images or presentation boards with text - explaining your design intent (what was the challenge, why your design resolves the problem, and identifying key features of the design)
- They don’t have to be final year projects but they must be project completed as part of an undergraduate or postgraduate course.
- They don’t have to be individual projects though group projects are limited to small groups- see rules
- Architects, Designers, Engineers and Makers can enter.
Award categories include:
- Animation and Motion Design
- Craft and Furniture Design
- Digital Design
- Exhibition Design/Visual Merchandising
- Fashion Design
- Interior Architecture / Interior Design
- Product or Industrial Design
- Sustainability Design
- Textile Design
- UX/UI Design
- Universal Design
- Visual Communication
- Ove Arup Award – Architecture, Engineering and Design