How to Enter
The IDI Irish Graduate Design Awards. Be part of it!
Entry to the award is open to all graduating IDI student Members.
How to Enter
Entry is via the online awards platform which opens in May and closed at the end of June.
All final-year design students studying a level 7, 8, 9 or 10 programme who is an individual IDI Member is able to enter work for consideration. Not a member? Join now.
- To qualify for entry you must be an undergraduate member of the IDI. So join first!. Remember if your college is an IDI Institutional Member you can join for free. (Check!)
- You must JOIN IDI as an Individual Member before you enter the competition
- To qualify for entry you must be on an NFQ level 7, 8, 9 or 10 course.
- You must be on a course in Ireland or be an Irish Designer studying abroad.
- You can enter up to 3 different projects.
You may enter up to 6 image PDF files on each entry.
- You may enter individual images or presentation boards with text- write up to 500 words explaining your design intent (what was the challenge, why your design resolves the problem, and identifying key features of the design)
- They don’t have to be final year projects but they must be project completed as part of an undergraduate or postgraduate course.
- Architects, Designers, Engineers and Makers can enter.
Award categories include:
- Animation and Motion Design
- Craft and Furniture Design
- Digital Design
- Exhibition Design/Visual Merchandising
- Fashion Design
- Interior Architecture / Interior Design
- Product or Industrial Design
- Sustainability Design
- Textile Design
- UX/UI Design
- Universal Design
- Visual Communication
- Ove Arup Award – Architecture, Engineering and Design