During this one-day workshop, we’ll jump into some intermediate work on journey maps, personas and system maps. We’ll collaborate on a design challenge in groups and use these tools on pen and paper. Afterwards, we’ll transition into why and how to digitize a journey map using software. Lastly, we’ll analyze the journey maps and use the 6 different typologies to consider from This Is Service Design Doing.
Tue, September 17, 2019
09:00 - 17:00
WeWork Charlemont Exchange
IDI Member €195
You will specifically:
- Collaborate on a design challenge
- Create personas, journey maps and system maps with pen and paper
- Consider the 6 aspects when analyzing a journey map
- Participate with Gerry and Marc on a walkabout/service safari
- Learn how to maintain, communicate and iterate workshop results using software
You’ll walk away with an ability to:
- Explain when journey maps or system maps are relevant to a project
- Articulate the difference between a process map and journey map
- Conduct basic observational research in the surrounding area
- Create journey maps or system maps that are based on research and reflect the current state of the customer experience and identify opportunities for improvement
- Digitize your maps in Smaply
About The Trainers
Gerry Scullion is Principal Service Design Consultant for Humana Design. He has over 16-years professional design experience across a range of industries such as finance, healthcare, media, public services, social media and various startups. He contributed to the book ‘This is Service Design Doing’ (O’Reilly 2018) focusing on chapters about effective prototyping, and embedding Service Design teams within organisations. He is the founder of The Human-Centered Design Podcast (ThisisHCD.com). He is a Fellow of theRSA.org and a long-serving iXDA Design Mentor. He is a regular speaker at events and design conferences.
Marc Stickdorn is a well-known name in the global service design community. He is editor and co-author of the award-winning books This is Service Design Thinking and This is Service Design Doing, regularly gives talks and workshops on service design and innovation, and teaches at various business and design schools. As co-founder and CEO of More than Metrics (www.morethanmetrics.com), together with a team of 23 people, he builds service design software for service designers, ux/cx experts and innovators.
Design Enterprise Skillnet training focuses on helping designers and creatives in their careers and their business to up-skill their teams, and attract and service clients in a rapidly changing commercial landscape. Visit here for more upcoming events & workshops for 2019.