The Institute of Designers in Ireland is the only professional body that represents and supports the needs of qualified designers in Ireland. Since 1972, we have promoted design with a view to supporting and developing the industry to create jobs and maintain quality standards.
As a member of IDI there are great general benefits including access to IDI Awards and to significantly discounted training via Design Enterprise Skillnet.
Designers also enjoy the benefit of IDI's reputation as a professional, inclusive designer-focused community committed to advancing the value and impact of design.
Benefits of IDI membership include:
- Exclusive right to the title 'Member of the Institute of Designers in Ireland'
- The right of use of the IDI Proud Member Badge
- Substantial training discounts on designer-focused CPD courses via Design Enterprise Skillnet
- Being part of an active designer-focused community, committed to advancing the value and impact of design
- The opportunity to apply to the Register of Professional Designers in Ireland
- Access to senior designers and practice leaders within the IDI Membership
- Access to mentoring and professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to enter the annual IDI Irish Design Awards and/or Graduate Design Awards
- Invitations to attend IDI seminars, exhibitions, lectures and discussions
- Listing in the online IDI Directory
- Access to IDI resources, training materials and guidance
- Access to IDI recommended professional services
- Access to job listings and internship opportunities
- Access to Research publications
What will it cost?
For all recent Graduates just €50 for the year you take out membership. This applies to all designers who have graduated within three years prior to application.
For full time designers, there is an annual membership fee of €197 to avail of all benefits, become an integral part of IDI design community and to avail of sector-specific, heavily discounted training.
The IDI's mission is to
- Represent you, as a designer, protecting your career and your future income
- Offer sector-specifics, high quality and affordable training for members through Design Enterprise Skillnet
- Represent the design community at a government level
- Lobby for legislative action supporting job creation, training and education for design
- Promote excellence in design through the annual Irish Design and Graduate Design Awards
- Support the publication of Iterations, Ireland’s only Design Research Journal and Practice review
- Promote gender balance and gender pay equality in the design industry through our Why Design initiative
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to run national design events
- Provide access to key design research publications in collaboration with the UK Design Council
- Link industry to education, graduates and future research.
- Collaborate with members on EU research in the Design sphere.
- Manage the Registered Designer in Ireland process and lobby for Chartered designer
- Promote and run design talks and conferences.
- Organise events such as IDI Design Social and Feed
- Advertise job opportunities in design
- Partner with other key stakeholders including CEUD in promoting Design For All.