The Design Summer Sessions is a three-day festival of learning and creativity, with interactive workshops, forums and webinar sessions for creative minds to:
- Re-energise, connect and share with each other
- Reboot their creative thinking, practice and business skills
- Explore the different areas and fields of design
- Hear from leading Irish and international designers and subject-matter experts in a range of matters relating to design.
It will provide designers from diverse backgrounds and at various stages of their careers with the opportunity to get inspired, upskill or learn about the latest design trends, programmes and initiatives and build industry connections.
Share & Learn Sessions
In these insightful and interactive Share & Learn sessions, you will learn from multidisciplinary Designers, peers and subject-matter experts sharing professional skills, tips and tricks in a range of matters relating to design. The sessions are a mix of inspiring webinars showcasing case studies and hands-on workshops to expand your creative skills and go from Zero to Hero, guided by subject-matters experts and leading design professionals.
Hear from fellow designers working in Service Design and Typography who will share useful insights into their design world.
Take a peek at some of your Design Peers. Leading creative minds share their professional stories and food for thought on UX Design and Illustration.
Design Summer Sessions – Schedule
Click on the events below to book your events, all events are free for IDI Members.
- Type Trends Creative circle with Max Phillips and friends - Wednesday 16th August 10:30am-11:30am Book Now
- Access for All – Embracing Inclusive Web Design Share&Learn Session with Elena Rimeikaite and Brendan Mac Donagh, Kooba and Donal Fitzpatrick, National Disability Authority - Wednesday 16th August 12pm-1pm Book Now
- In Conversation with Steve Simpson: Collaboration, Digitalisation & Creativity Illustration Peer Peek - Wednesday 16th August 5pm-6pm Book Now
- Firm Up your Finances – Finance for Creative Businesses Share&Learn Session with Jeannette Naughton, Prospero Coaching - Thursday 17th August 10am-11am Book Now
- Colour Theory for Creatives – Colour Theory & Beyond for Interiors & Spaces Share&Learn Session with Cora Collins, Dulux Colour Academy - Thursday 17th August 12pm-1pm Book Now
- How to Fast-Track Your Career in UX UX Peer Peek with Jenny Bjorkman. Brought to you thanks to the UX Design Institute - Thursday 17th August 1pm-2pm Book Now
- Delving into Service Design A Creative circle with John Lynch and Sean Casey, Context Studio - Friday, 18th August, 10am-11am Book Now
- Design Management and Leadership Learn & Share Session with James Hall, PARK Academy - Friday 18th August, 12-1pm Book Now