The Institute of Designers in Ireland is the only professional body that represents and supports the needs of qualified designers in Ireland. Since 1972, we have promoted design with a view to supporting and developing the industry to create jobs and maintain quality standards.
As a member of IDI there are great general benefits including access to IDI Awards and to significantly discounted training via Design Skillnet.
Designers also enjoy the benefit of IDI's reputation as a professional, inclusive, designer-focused community committed to advancing the value and impact of design.
Benefits of IDI membership include:
- Exclusive right to the title 'Member of the Institute of Designers in Ireland'
- The right of use of the IDI Proud Member Badge
- Substantial training discounts on designer-focused CPD courses via Design Enterprise Skillnet
- Being part of an active designer-focused community, committed to advancing the value and impact of design
- Access to senior designers and practice leaders within the IDI Membership
- Access to professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to enter the annual IDI Irish Design Awards and/or Graduate Design Awards
- Invitations to attend IDI seminars, exhibitions, lectures and discussions
- Listing in the online IDI Directory
- Access to IDI resources, training materials and guidance
- Access to IDI recommended professional services
- Access to Research publications
IDI Membership Application form →
For full time designers with more than 2 years experience, there is an annual membership fee of €197 to avail of all benefits, become an integral part of IDI design community and to avail of sector-specific, heavily discounted training.
The IDI's mission is to:
- Represent you, as a designer, protecting your career and your future income
- Represent the design community at a government level
- Connect industry to education, graduates and future research
- Develop sector-specific, high quality and affordable training for members through Design Skillnet
- Lobby for legislative action supporting job creation, training and education for design
- Promote excellence in design through the annual Irish Design Awards and Graduate Design Awards
- Promote gender balance and gender pay equality in the design industry
- Promote inclusion and diversity within member organisations
- Promote high design standards and universal design principles
- Collaborate with partner stakeholders to run national design initiatives
- Collaborate with members on EU initiatives in design
- Promote job opportunities in design through our social media channels